The Coordinating Committee supports and enriches the life of NPYM. It is the venue where Standing Committees and Monthly Meetings share about their work and inspiration. The committee identifies and links converging and emerging issues, and offers support to groups within NPYM. In addition, the committee provides support and oversight to NPYM Standing Committees. CC meetings are meetings for worship with a concern for business, and members participate in discernment and decision-making according to the good order of Friends, under the leading of the Spirit. All members of CC bring their experience from their committees and Monthly Meetings as they share together in the work on behalf of NPYM.
The summer Coordinating Committee met on Wednesday, July 25, 2018, 3-5 pm, in Wheelock Rotunda at The University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, at the start of annual session.
Draft minutes from the July meeting, plus a proposed minute on how NPYM can help to uproot racism may be found here.
Who Attends Coordinating Committee
The Coordinating Committee (CC) is composed of:
- one member from each monthly meeting, one member from each Preparative Meeting, (if the PM wishes and after consultation with their overseeing Monthly Meeting and the CC Clerk), [see Member Meetings]
- one member from Jr. Friends
- one member from Young Adult Friends
- one member from each Standing Committee
- CC Clerk,
- CC Recording Clerk,
- CC Associate Clerk,
- NPYM Presiding Clerk
- NPYM Rising Clerk
- NPYM Treasurer
- NPYM Secretary
- NPYM Webkeeper
- clerk or representative from Adhoc Committees
See CC Member for Coordinating Committee Member job description.
Also, see NPYM Grid for a list of current officers and clerks.