The Religious Society of Friends is one of the traditional peace churches. Since Friends believe that the way to achieve peace is through social justice, we have a strong emphasis on carrying our faith into action.
North Pacific Yearly Meeting is a regional organization consisting of individual congregations, called monthly meetings (because they hold meetings for the conduct of business once a month). NPYM is called a yearly meeting because it holds an annual session where Friends from throughout the Pacific Northwest gather to worship and conduct business together. Find the nearest Meeting.
NPYM has an active youth community, with opportunities for youth to socialize and participate in social service and political actions.
The Resources page lists various organizations of interest to members of the NPYM.
As of September, 2018, NPYM had:
- 43 Monthly Meetings & Worship Groups
- 891 Adult Members
- 1,569 Active Adult Attenders
- 40 Active Preschool Children
- 75 Active Elementary-Age Children
- 31 Active Central Friends (Middle-School Age)
- 31 Active Junior Friends (High-School Age)