Last updated November 14th, 2018
This policy describes how NPYM collects and uses your personal information.
Information we collect about you
- When you register for an event, fill out an online form on npym.org or its sub-domains, join a committee, or otherwise communicate with North Pacific Yearly Meeting (NPYM), we might ask you to provide contact information. We might also ask you to provide demographic information and information about your needs and preferences as they relate to services offered by NPYM.
- When you donate money or attend a paid event organized by NPYM we will ask you to provide billing and payment information.
- NPYM uses common Internet technologies, such as cookies and Google Analytics, to monitor website performance, to track of anonymous interactions with the Organization's Web sites and personalized interaction with some of our emails.
- Quarterly meetings, monthly meetings and worship groups affiliated with NPYM provide contact information for their members and attenders, as new information becomes available.
How we use that information
- NPYM uses information collected to provide you with the services you request.
- NPYM may use information collected to provide you with additional information about NPYM's services, events and to request your financial support for our work.
- NPYM may use information collected to improve our Web sites and Services.
- NPYM may use information collected and information provided by quarterly meetings, monthly meetings and worship groups for communications related to service on NPYM committees, service with NPYM governance, or to extend other service/volunteer opportunities to you.
- The NPYM attender directory provides personal contact information to anybody who is contained within that directory. Additions to that directory are under direct control of firstname.lastname@example.org. Access to the directory requires login. Attenders may request to opt-out and not be listed. Such requests should be sent to email@example.com.
- NPYM may, upon request from the Clerk, senior staff, or their designee of its constituent organizations, share information (such as name and contact information) about individuals from those constituent organizations who participate in NPYM events, activities, or committees. We do not disclose as part of this report the details of the interaction such as which event a Friend attended, what specific service was used, or if a donation was made. NPYM shares this information to facilitate and support our constituent organizations. Constituent organizations must agree to use this information concerning participation in NPYM only to support the work of that Meeting or Association. Individuals may opt out of this information sharing (see the section “Right to Opt Out”).
- NPYM may use third-party services to complete our work and to serve Friends. As a result, NPYM may share information we have collected about you with companies and vendors that provide services that allow or facilitate NPYM to accomplish its work. These companies do not sell, rent, or trade personally identifiable information with third parties. They do not use information provided by NPYM for their promotional purposes or for any purpose other than to aid in NPYM accomplishing its work. While this is not an exhaustive list, the detailed privacy policies of our most frequently and widely used vendors/services are available here:
- Other than as described above, NPYM will not review, share, distribute, or reference for third parties any such personal information except as may be required by law or as is necessary to protect the rights or property of NPYM and/or our constituents.
- NPYM does not share, sell, rent, or trade personally identifiable information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- NPYM staff and volunteers may access personal information only for the purposes of providing services, conducting statistical analysis to better understand our constituents, requesting financial support, preventing or addressing service or technical problems, in connection with providing technical support or service, or as may be required by law.
Right to Opt Out
- To opt out of having your contact information made available in the NPYM Directory send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- NPYM will update your records as promptly as is practical; however, you may receive communications while we process your request.
Changes to this Policy
- If our information practices change, we will post the policy changes here and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses.
- If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check this page periodically for updates.
How to Contact Us